VOID Board of Directors - Meeting Minutes
Via Internet 3-way conferencing
Monday, October 29, 2007 8:00PM - 9:00PM
David R. Remer, President
Daniel Summars, Treasurer
Stephanie Crist, Secretary
PURPOSE: To review progress of current projects and to discuss fund-raising avenues that can be utilized to further VOID's Mission.
1. All members of the VOID Board of Directors were in attendance.
2. The Board discussed progress on individual projects, determining which needed more input and which required mutual cooperation.
3. A discrepancy in the Treasurer's Report has been found. David Remer and Daniel Summars will be comparing their documentation to find and rectify this discrepancy. Current cash balance is $1,699.04. Bumper sticker sales have produced $459.25, and have succeeded in paying for themselves. The priority for VOID funds is to increase awareness and further fund raising so that more registered voters can be reached with the VOID message.
4. The FEC report was submitted as due. A fine was paid by David Remer from personal funds to the Texas Comptroller for late filing; we are current and more aware of the appropriate filing requirements.
5. Fund raising and awareness generation were discussed in detail. A variety of projects were considered and prioritized. Now that VOID funds have reached a sufficient threshold, the current priority is to purchase and utilize e-mail lists of registered independent voters who may be amenable to the VOID message.
6. David Remer motioned to adjourn. The Board passed this motion unanimously.
Gather information concerning mailing lists.
Schedule meeting to vote on action.