VOID Board of Directors - Meeting Minutes
Via Internet 3-way conferencing
Thursday, March 12, 2009 7:00PM - 8:30PM
David R. Remer, President
Daniel Summars, Treasurer
Stephanie Crist, Secretary
PURPOSE: To assess activities during the 2008 election cycle and outline activities for the 2010 election cycle.
1. All members of the VOID Board of Directors were in attendance.
2. The Board agreed the response to VOID bumper stickers justified the expense of this activity and warrants continuing it through the 2010 election cycle. Expanded opportunities will be considered. The Board agreed the lack of response to our e-mail campaigns failed to justify the expense of this activity in time and resources. This activity will not be continued in the 2010 election cycle.
3. The Board agreed the development of a Virginia VOID chapter has been successful in 2008. Contact with the VOID Board of Virginia has not yet been made in 2009. The planned activities for the Virginia VOID chapter are not yet known.
4. As an expansion of the success with VOID bumper stickers, two proposals were made. First, the design of a VOID t-shirt will be considered. Suppliers for this activity will be considered and voted on at a later time. Daniel Summars recommended VOID consider making recommendations for books through Amazon to generate additional resources. Concern was expressed about becoming a merchandising organization. Board agreed that care must be taken to assure all merchandise offered or recommended is aligned with VOID's mission statement.
5. Board agreed to re-install the guest sign-in in order to collect demographic data concerning visitors for the purpose of obtaining a better understanding of VOID's audience.
6. Recommendations were made to attract more young people to the VOID site. Methods for reaching this audience segment will be considered and discussed further.
7. A recommendation was made to gather more data concerning VOID's audience by making quick survey questions available on the site. Also, a recommendation was made to obtain survey information by asking recipients of bumper stickers to participate in a voluntary survey.
8. A long-term strategy was considered to combine efforts with other non-partisan organizations. It was suggested that VOID should participate in and spear-head a cooperative media outreach program with other organizations with similar goals.
9. David Remer motioned to adjourn. The Board passed this motion unanimously.
Subsequent Board meeting scheduled for March 19, 2009, at 7pm CST.