Below are anticipated questions and answers which VOID supporters and members may have about their Community web site.
Topics - Categories
- Q: What do you mean by 'Topic' and 'Categories'?
- A: Topics are categories into which essays and articles of interest to VOID supporters and members are placed for easy retrieval and navigation by visitors. We prefer the term topics, as categories tend to be pre-defined, and we think you should have freedom to create topics of your own.
- Q: How do I create a topic or article?
- When selecting "Create A Topic" to write an essay or article, you first need to know, that the 'Create A Topic' link on the Community home page will be the primary link to use for this purpose.
'Create A Topic' links also appear in the Category Listing pages and single article pages, but, using the link on these pages restricts you to the category already displayed on that page. From the Community home page 'Create A Topic' link, you will be given a menu of categories to select from.
If you do not see a category you wish your article to appear in, please use the Contact Email link in the right column to email us, and we will create the category for you.
Writing an Article
- Q: Why doesn't my article appear when I click save or submit?
- A: When you save your article or essay, it will remain "Unpublished" until one of our staff approves its suitability for these Community pages. (Normally, less than half a day.)
- Q: How do I get my picture to appear next to my articles or comments?
- A: When you Register, you are offered the option of uploading a picture. Use the browse link to locate a picture on your PC of yourself, and then click on submit or upload. Thereafter, your picture will appear along side your writings.
- Q: Why do I have to register to post an article on a Topic?
- A: Yes. This Community web site is open to potential new supporters in the general public. Registration insures our ability to screen out those who would trash our web site or plaster it with advertising or other spam comments.
Anyone who registers may create an article or essay for publication. (Registration is quick and simple, see upper right corner of screen). Registration is not required to leave comments to other's articles.
- Q: Do I have to Register with my real name and email address?
- A: A lot of thought and experience have gone into the following answer, and that answer is Yes to both. Your email address will be held in strictest confidence. However, in order to promote a civil and responsible community environment for ourselves, it is beneficial to know who we are conversing with.
- Q: I want to contact a member in the Community, but I can't find their email address. How do I email them?
- A: Right. Good question. If anyone leaves their email address in the comments or their article, their email address is likely to be scanned by spammers, and used for sending spam to that address. For this reason, email addresses should never be entered into articles or comments. Every week or so, we will update our Contact Page with the new encrypted Email addresses for supporters and members. This is safe way for supporters and members to contact each other. NOTE: If you wish to have your encrypted email link on the Contact Page, you must email us and request it. We will not create email links for anyone who does not request it, to insure their privacy.
- Q: Can we use this site to organize others in our area to help vote out incumbents in the next election?
- A: Absolutely. In fact, once a group of folks from a city, county, or state number 6 or more persons dedicated to the cause, please contact us. We will discuss with you the option of establishing your own local organization web site and help you formally organize your election year activities
- Q: Are there any other rules?
- A: Yes, a few. Look for a link to Community Rules in the second column of any page.
Answer Not Here
- Q: My question is not answered here. Now what?
- A: In the right most column, there is a Email Contact link. Click on it to send us your question, and we will answer it as promptly as possible. Thanks.