DeKalb County election officials urge absentee voters to request ballots now for May 24 primary – Reuters
DECATUR, GA – Registered DeKalb County voters wishing to vote by mail for the primary election on Tuesday, May 24 are encouraged to begin the process now by visiting www.dekalbvotes.com. Applying is the first step to obtaining a mail-in ballot and voters considering voting by mail are strongly encouraged to apply immediately.
A request for a postal vote can be submitted in several ways:
- Print and complete the application online at www.dekalbvotes.com, sign the application, take a photo or scan, and email [email protected] Remember to include credentials.
- Print the application from www.dekalbvotes.com, fill it out and deliver it by hand or mail to:
4380 Memorial Drive
Decatur, GA 30032
- Print the application from www.dekalbvotes.com and fax it to: (404) 298-4038
Once DeKalb County receives an application, it takes an average of three days to process. Candidacy status can be viewed by visiting the Georgia Secretary of State’s My Voter page here.
After receiving a ballot, voters have several options for voting:
- Mail the completed ballot, which must be received by 7 p.m. on May 24, to the DeKalb County Voter Registration and Elections Office.
- Drop off the completed ballot in a secure drop box by Friday, May 20, no earlier than 7 p.m. Drop boxes are located inside select advance polling sites, accessible only during opening hours. A list can be viewed at www.dekalbvotes.com.
- After early voting closes on May 20, voters can hand-deliver their ballots at the DeKalb Voter Registration and Elections Desk Reception, 4380 Memorial Drive, Suite 300, Decatur.
“Voting with an absentee ballot is an easy and safe way to vote,” said Keisha Smith, executive director of voter registration and elections for DeKalb County. “It is important that all voters familiarize themselves with important dates and deadlines, if they plan to vote by mail this year.”
Voters who request an absentee ballot but decide to vote in person can do so at their registered polling place or at any advance polling location. They will be asked to surrender their ballot if they are in possession of their ballot when voting in person or to sign an affidavit if they are not in possession of their ballot when voting in person. person. Once an absentee ballot has been received and approved by DeKalb County, no further ballots will be issued.
Completed applications must be received by the DeKalb County Voter Registration and Elections Office no later than 11:59 p.m. Friday, May 13, 2022 (7 p.m. in person and by mail), and ballots by correspondence must be received by 7:00 p.m. on election day. , Tuesday, May 24, 2022. Uniformed and Overseas Citizens (UOCAVA) ballots must be postmarked by Tuesday, May 24 and received by Friday, May 27, 5 p.m. .
For more information, contact the DeKalb County Voter and Elections Registration Office at 404-298-4020, visit www.dekalbvotes.com or visit the Georgia Secretary of State at www.sos.ga. gov.